Compass Group, North America ASSOCIATE COUNSEL in Charlotte, North Carolina
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Compass Group, the world’s largest contract foodservice company, has a great opportunity for career development and growth within its Legal Department here at its U.S. headquarters in Charlotte, NC. We are currently seeking an Associate Counsel – Procurement to provide legal support handling procurement matters for Compass Group and Foodbuy, LLC. Compass Group looks for an individual to play a strategic role in helping the company strike the right balance between commercial goals and legal considerations. A successful candidate will have experience working on a variety of procurement matters, deal negotiation and analysis, contract drafting and advising business unit leaders. A strong sense of partnership and a commercial viewpoint are key.
• Responsible for handling a variety of procurement contracts for Compass Group and Foodbuy, LLC with primary focus on technology product categories relevant to operation of a foodservice management company.
• Familiarity with SaaS solutions and payment systems are desired. Additional experience with foodservice and beverage industries helpful.
• Negotiates high volume of procurement contracts following defined protocols and policies. Maintains contract template library and contract playbooks for business team.
• Assists develop and conduct training sessions for business teams on procurement contract matters and company’s policies and procedures relating to procurement.
• Provides advice on laws, legal trends, and corporate policies related to risk mitigation, financial terms, warranties, supply chain transparency and sustainability.
• Supports other legal areas within the procurement team as needed, including non-disclosure agreements, customer contracts and template management.
• Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school with accompanying state license.
• Preferred experience of 2-4 years in the essential job duties described above, developed either at a law firm or as part of an in-house legal department.
• Knowledge of procurement agreements, group purchasing matters, foodservice or hospitality industry is a plus.
• Proven ability in the following: proactively seeking and executing creative solutions, providing strong customer service, and partnering and communicating effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret laws, rules and regulations, legal documents, and financial and other reports, with experience in the principles, practices and laws associated with procurement related matters.
• Ability to anticipate, recognize and define problems from both a legal and overall corporate perspective, collect data, establish facts, and draw logical and valid conclusions based on sound legal and business judgment
• Team player in a fast paced, high volume and constantly changing environment
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story (http://www.compass-usa.com/our-story/)
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
Life Insurance/ AD
Paid Time Off
Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
Associate Shopping Program
Health and Wellness Programs
Identity Theft Protection
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1015815